Whether you are a breast cancer patient, survivor, a caregiver, or a loved one, Forge’s staff and volunteers are here for you from the day of diagnosis through the rest of your life.
When you contact Forge, we connect you with Janet Dees, our Client Services Coordinator, who is also an oncology nurse and former breast cancer navigator.
She will talk through where you are on your cancer journey, what issues you are having, and provide you with the help you need. Whether that means matching you with a Volunteer Peer who has been exactly where you are, a support group, educational information, free mental health counseling, or transportation to medical appointments, she can help solve any obstacle standing in the way of you Forging a new future beyond breast cancer. Give her a call at (205) 990-5367 or [email protected].
- Care bags for newly-diagnosed patients
- Help creating your own survivorship plan
- Peer matching with someone who has “been there” and “done that” to listen and support you
- Someone to go to appointments to be a hand to hold or an ear to listen
- Connections to support groups – ours and others
- Free, professional mental health counseling for breast cancer patients, survivors, family members, and caregivers
- Gas cards or Lyft rides to get to medical appointments
- Grocery cards to help with nutrition
- Wellness and education classes that are fun and connect you with others
- Financial advisors to help manage the costs of a breast cancer diagnosis
- And much more!